When anyone starts using makeup, most of the time she was having doubt on certain things but whom to ask? And when you don’t know about anything, either you give up or spend so many bucks on outside services like beauty parlours.
COVID inspired me to do all my beauty regimes at home and not to depend on parlours even when life will be normal and makeup is somewhat I hardly hired some services for it especially when there is an occasion in family and I don’t have time to devote.
When I started makeup, I struggled with few things and got to know these tips which I am sharing with all those beginners in makeup arts. Please do read till the end so you know what should be always in your makeup kit.
- Before starting makeup must go for a pre-makeup routine which includes cleansing, toning and moisturising.
- Whether your primer has an oil or water base, your foundation should be of the same base. Otherwise, it’ll be impossible to blend both perfectly.
- Apply foundation using downward strokes to hide a thin layer of hair on your face and give natural look.
- Understand the difference between loose powder and pressed powder. Loose Powder is used to help your makeup stay longer, on the other hand, Pressed Powder is for touch up.
- A secret tip from me. Reverse the order of applying blush to your cheekbones. First apply blush and then foundation.
- Avoid shimmery blush, if you have acne, pimples or pores.
- If your eyeshadow box is less pigment and you want an extra pop of colour, first create a white base by filling in your eyelids with a white eyeliner pencil. Then apply the desired eyeshadow colour.
- Is your eyeliner over? And you don’t want to go outside. Easy! Take an angular brush and apply black or brown eyeshadow on it. Apply like an eyeliner.
- Before applying shimmers to your eyelids, spray little water on the tip of your brush.
- Highlight inner corners of your eyes, if you want it to look more brighter.
- Do not buy too much stuff if you’re new in makeup art. I have mentioned below what a beginner should have in her makeup kit.
- Apply lip balm before applying lipstick especially matte ones.
If you are really new and don’t know where to start? Then I suggest starting with buying a makeup kit (with minimal products) or build your own by following my recommendation below.
Disclaimer - This post contains affiliate links, but I recommend only what I like for myself. Before making a purchase of any beauty product, I suggest checking whether the same is suitable for your skin or hair type. Also, before using any product, test it small amount of the product on your skin
Essentials in Makeup Kit for Beginners
In this list, I included products which I tried and tested on my skin which is combination skin with wheatish complexion. But few things can complement any type of complexion. So here we go.
I love Neutrogena Oil-Free Daily Long Lasting Facial Moisturizer & Neck Cream with SPF 15 Sunscreen & Glycerin, Non-Greasy, Oil-Free & Non-Comedogenic Face Moisturizer. Why I love this moisturiser for myself and recommending here? Because it’s non-sticky so I never feel I applied anything on my face. Plus, it’s oil-free means your skin pores are not going to be blocked by this. Your skin will breathe normally.
I simply can’t say that primer is not important for beginners’ makeup kit. For the perfect setting of your foundation, it’s a must. Therefore, I recommend NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Studio Perfect Primer, Clear. Because it gives a silky smooth texture.
I am not recommending any specific foundation. For this, I suggest you go to the store. Wear your facemask. Obviously! Test on your neck and then buy. Never buy foundation online without knowing what will look best on your skin. And one more thing, always buy one shade lighter.
I’m would suggest the same as above but the concealer should always complement your foundation shade. I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Multi-Use Concealer, Light.
I am an addict of the eyeshadow palette and always love to buy a palette with lots of colour options. However, for beginners, I recommend L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow, Nudes I have bigger one and is named Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow Palette, Flawless 2.
I believe that a red and a pink colour lipsticks should be there always in your makeup kit irrespective of any skin tone. MAC Retro Matte Lipstick – Ruby Woo and Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink City Edition Liquid Lipstick is for those who love retro red colour on their lips. For pink lovers, Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color Lipstick, (Neutral Rose) and L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Last 2 Step Lipstick, Berry Chic are what I recommend. I gave two options here because one is expensive and another one is cheaper so that you can choose as per your convenience.
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Eyebrow Cake Powder is what you need for getting your eyebrows done in a jiffy.
Honestly, I do not spend too much money on eyeliner because they all look black. Just a joke! 😉 wet n wild Mega Last Breakup-Proof Retractable Eyeliner is what I recommend and which is much cheaper in the market.
COVERGIRL Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush has blush, contour and highlighter and that’s why I love this.
Neutrogena Fragrance-Free Makeup Remover Face Wipes is what I recommend to always keep in your makeup kit so that you can clean your face on the go. If you’re a traveller, it’s a must.
If you have any beauty tips, please don’t keep it secret and share with us in the comment box below.
Enjoyed the post? Then ❤️ the post and spread the word. I feel great when someone clicks 👍 button. 🙂